Do you believe it will be July 4th soon? Time to take out the grill and have a fantastic outdoor grilling party at your new home in Warwick, RI. There is not a better way to bring in this holiday then to share it with all your family and friends.
Go to the Farmers Market and pick up local fruits and vegetables. You can pick up all the fixings for a hamburgers there as well. Preparing salads and appetizers prior to the party will leave you more time to concentrate on grilling and being with your guests.
A great centerpiece for the table is a carved watermelon. Scoop out the watermelon flesh with a melon baller until the white rind remains. Turn the melon upside down over a sink to drain out any of the watermelon juice. Fill the watermelon with the balls of watermelon or fruit salad. Keep it chilled for at least an hour. For other 4th of July decorative ideas click here.
Here are some tips for making the best hamburgers:
- Oil the grill
- Have patties already made. You can use any meat in a hamburger. There is a lot to choose from: turkey, beef, chicken, bison or lamb. If you choose beef, find the coarse medium fat type. This will truly make a tasty burger. For your vegetarian guests, you can choose veggie burger, garden burger or tofu burger. Make the patty 1 inch thick by 5 inches in diameter. Season with salt, pepper and garlic. Try to proportion all burgers evenly so they will finish at the same time.
- If you make the center a little thinner the burger will cook evenly.
- Have a hot grill and cook 2 to 3 minutes. With a metal spatula test to see if burger meat comes off the grill easily, if the meat does, then it is time to flip the burger.
- Continue grilling until juices from the burger become clear.
- To top the burger off, make sure you have chosen a hearty roll that will keep all the fixings in the bun.
Now to top off your meal bring in a red, white and blue cake. Just purchase an angel food cake and cut it in half. Layer the bottom half with cool whip and strawberries. Now center the top half on the cake and spread cool whip over it. Decorate the top of the cake with halved strawberries and blueberries. This dessert is so easy but it is a crowd pleaser.
Fourth of July is known for a day with parades, fireworks and barbecues. Celebrating with your family and friends makes this holiday just that much better! Living at your HA Fisher new home in Warwick, RI this time of the year has never been better. Don’t miss seeing the 4th of July Parade at 11am starting in Legion Park and other exciting events.